Content Editor / Copywriter (m/f/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany
TolaData is a web-based software specifically developed for the not-for -profit sector to support program management and monitoring & evaluation (M&E). We provide an intuitive software solution to increase transparency and makes it easier for organisations to create positive impact with their programs.
TolaData has tools for end-to-end indicator management and impact monitoring, from data collection and management, to indicator tracking, data visualisation and sharing of results.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Based in Berlin, Germany, we are looking for an experienced Content Editor / Copywriter (m/f/d). The primary focus will be to plan and execute our content strategy to increase visibility in our target audiences including NGOs, foundations, social enterprises and also CSR-Departments.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Independent research of relevant topics and stories for TolaData.
- Creating and writing of own articles, content pieces and video scripts.
- Management of stories for our social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
- Preparing and organising interviews with experts from the sector.
- Quality assurance for all our content.
- On-site reporting at events.
- Works directly with Business Development and Online Marketing.
- At least 1-3 years of experience in journalism, copywriting, PR or a related field (related degree is a plus).
- Passionate about writing and researching topics.
- Reliable and dedicated to quality, with an eye for accuracy and details.
- Motivated to create and develop your own ideas on topics related to M&E, indicator tracking, impact of organisations such as NGOs, foundations and social enterprises but also CSR departments of commercial organisations.
Having a keen interest in social media and a good understanding of how channels such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. work.
- Working knowledge of SEO and the ability to write web-friendly headlines.
- Working knowledge of content management systems (CMS) like WordPress.
- Excellent English (spoken and written), native-speaker is a plus, German skills a great bonus but not essential.
GREAT TO HAVE:
- PR and/or NGO background.
- Personal network in the sector and/or contacts to relevant media platforms.
- Working knowledge with apps like Canva, Sketch, Elementor Pro etc.
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Google Data Studio.
- First experience in Google AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter Ads.
- You are also a talented illustrator? Amazing!
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be part of making a value driven product a success.
- Be part of an international team.
- Working with experts from a wide range of backgrounds, from NGOs and software development to e-commerce and online marketing.
- We guarantee a steep learning curve.
- Flat hierarchies in a small team with a great working environment.
- 30 vacation days annually.
Send us some work samples (obligatory), a link to your CV, LinkedIn or anything else that can give us an idea about who you are, what you do and why you want to work with us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development & Online Marketing Manager