Advisor: Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning (m/f/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany
TolaData is a web-based software specifically developed for the not-for-profit sector to support their program management and monitoring & evaluation (M&E). We provide an intuitive software solution to increase transparency and make it easier for organisations to create positive impact with their programs. TolaData has tools for end-to-end indicator management and impact monitoring, from data collection and management, to indicator tracking, data visualisation and sharing of results.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Based in Berlin, Germany, we are looking for an experienced Advisor for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (m/f/d). The MEL Advisor will act as a key client liaison to assist our customers from NGOs, foundations, social enterprises and CSR-departments with the setup and optimisation of TolaData to ensure it integrates seamlessly with their existing MEL processes. For some clients this may include advising on MEL structures and processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide training and support to clients to onboard them to the TolaData platform.
- Support clients in change management process to adopt TolaData as the organization’s main MEL tool.
- Provide training and technical support as needed related to MEL systems, reporting and compliance standards.
- Help clients review their logframes, indicator plans, monitoring plans, survey forms and any other relevant MEL tools to align with TolaData requirements and provide recommendations and support in MEL systems set-up and data collection process.
- Assist in team knowledge sharing activities and contribute to the development of multi-format client resources, like guidance documents, video tutorials and webinars.
- Contribute to Business Development and Key Account Management.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum five years’ of relevant work experience in international development, social sciences or a related field and relevant professional training
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing and using MEL tools and data collection systems to collect and store quantitative and qualitative data
- In-depth knowledge of using digital data collection tools like ODK, Ona, KoboToolbox, and Google Sheet, Excel for data analysis
- Open to learning new tech tools for development
- Ability to mentor adult learners in the effective use of technology
- Solid organizational, communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to carry out a variety of technical and training functions
- Fluency in German and English, written and oral
GREAT TO HAVE:
- Working knowledge of SPSS/STATA, data visualization software and other related technologies
- Understanding of social science research methods, both quantitative and qualitative
- Knowledge of group facilitation methods and adult learning theory
- Expertise in software training
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Be part of making a value driven product a success
- Be part of an international team
- Working with experts from a wide range of backgrounds, from NGOs and software development to e-commerce and online marketing
- Lots of opportunities to learn and develop new skills
- Flat hierarchies in a small team with a great working environment
- 30 vacation days annually
Send us a link to your CV, LinkedIn or anything else that can give us an idea about who you are, what you do and why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org
Malte Höpfner, Business Development, email@example.com